Friday, January 30, 2015

Pattern Review: Crochet Cloche Hats

Crochet Cloche Hats - FREE Pattern
Crochet Cloche Hats

A few weeks ago I was challenged to make one of these hats for one of my little cousins. The picture came from a Facebook post that was shared to my page and the post included a link to the pattern. My response, as it usually is, was that I would look over the pattern and give it a try. Unfortunately, what I didn't know at the time was that the original pattern was written in Russian. The link had another link for the pattern translated into English. This link is the link I used when trying to make the cloche hat.
I spent hours trying to decipher the pattern and have the instructions make sense. Finally I gave up on the written instructions and just focused on the pictures, but unfortunately the pictures didn't show each step of crocheting the cloche hat. In trying to make the pattern work I read the translator's note, which said that the translation was considered troublesome for many people in trying to make this hat. I was very frustrated when I read this because I don't think the translator should have shared the pattern, knowing the translated pattern was done poorly and therefore unusable. I then used Google to try to find a crochet stitch to replicate the pattern, but couldn't find the exact stitch.
Since this hat was meant to be a gift for one of my little cousins I continued working on replicating the hat shown in the picture and managed to make my hat look similar to the hat pictured, although far from identical. I am still working on finishing the floral applique for the crochet cloche hat, but I think my cousin will enjoy wearing it for Easter. I still need to find green yarn to make the leaves, but then I will post pictures of the final hat. If this hat is something that you want to see more of then please leave a comment below. I will be posting more hats for Easter in the next coming weeks.

*********************************************************************************
Update: finished pictures of the Easter Hat


No comments:

Post a Comment