Monday, April 20, 2015

Raft Cup Holder

Last summer I was introduced to rafting and fell in love. The funny thing is I had my own raft, but never used it or went rafting before last summer. This month I have spent time patching my raft, which had a fairly large hole on the bottom, and then decided to try adding my own cup holder to my raft. If you have gone rafting then you understand that finding a place to put your soda is near impossible without losing your soda or flipping your raft. There are several DIYs for floating cup holders, but I didn't like the idea of my drink possibly floating away in a fast current. I already had this can cozy, I received it as a giveaway at some event, and thought that I might be able to attach it to the side of my raft as a cup holder.

To make this cup holder you will need E6000 glue, fabric glue, a can cozy, and Velcro. The Velcro I used was self-adhesive, but I wanted the bond to be secure so I used fabric glue to adhere the Velcro pieces to the back of the can cozy and then E6000 to adhere the other Velcro pieces to the side of the raft. I allowed the Velcro pieces to dry on the can cozy and raft for a few hours before attaching the can cozy to the side of the raft. This cup holder raft project was definitely a success and I can't wait to go rafting again this year. I imagine there will be many more DIYs that I will want to create as I get back into rafting.  

Are there any DIYs you want me to try? Leave a comment below and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment